Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vacation Rewind


I just returned from a fabulous little get away up to Maine (York) with James' family. My mother in law with all of her sisters and brothers rent a very large house for the whole family to get together. It is great to spend time with everyone in such a relaxing atmosphere and the weather was absolutely perfect. We also indulged in lots of fried clams, ice cream, cocktails and card playing. That right there sums up a perfect beach vacation! I can't stress enough how lucky I am to have been married into such a great family.
Here is my sister in law and I before heading out to dinner. Check out the new purse. Cute huh? I paired it with my new seersucker Jessica Simpson dress from Lord and Taylor and I was quite a fan! 

Living in New England I cannot say that I have always loved clams but as I have gotten older I now love them, fried or steamed. During our trip I got to enjoy them both ways. If you have not had a fried clam I highly suggest you try them! 

Holy amazing ice cream! I might have visited this place 3 times during my short Maine stay but their coffee Oreo ice cream was to die for. Let's just say it was Oreos with a bit of ice cream. My only criticism to this place is that they did not have sprinkles! Now if you know me, you know I always order rainbow sprinkles for my ice cream on top of a sugar cone. I have run into a few places that do not have rainbow and have to default to chocolate, but no sprinkles at all? That is just wrong. But clearly it did not stop me from going back! 



Thanks for stopping by xoxo ~Kim









No comments:

Post a Comment