Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tooth Fact Tuesday

For the first tooth fact Tuesday I thought I would explain my journey into this marvelous profession! I graduated from college in 2006 with a bachelor's degree in partying finance. After working for a financial company for 4 years where I basically sat at a computer and stared at the time slowly tick on by, I was tempted to do some inner sole searching and try and figure out what I really wanted to do with my life. I had always been interested in dental hygiene but never actually knew what it entailed to become a hygienist. So off I went, googling away and speaking with my hygienist when I decided that this was what I wanted to do. After being accepted to school on my first attempt I was extremely excited and anxious to embark on this journey. School was the most challenging, rewarding, and stressful experience I have ever had to go through but I am so glad that I did. My professors and classmates were amazing and could not have imagined going through this without them. Before school I never realized how medically trained a hygienist is but it is true that we are next in command following a dentist (although the dentist will never want to admit that). All through out this program I joked and said that if my marriage can make it through dental hygiene school, it can make it through anything! Luckily I had such an amazing and supportive husband who put up with my oh so horrible pleasant moods over the course of these past 2 years. So now that school and all my licensing exams are a thing of the past,  this week I will begin my next journey as Kimberly Augustus, registered dental hygienist and begin working. {Insert James excited face here}

{Congrats class of 2012, we did it!}

xoxo ~Kim

2 comments: