Thursday, July 12, 2012

To Fry or Not to Fry?


Has anyone ever tried making fried zucchini blossoms? I have quite a lot of these beauties out in my garden and I am very tempted to fry them up because I hear that they are delicious. My local news station did a special story on them and also posted this recipe which includes the blossoms being stuffed with cheese. Cheese and fried, I'm in! I have posted the recipe below and am hoping to try and make these soon.




Ingredients:
-- 1/2 cup flour 
-- Tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese 
-- Pinch of salt 
-- Pinch of pepper 
-- Pinch of garlic powder 
-- Pinch of paprika 
-- 1/2 bottle of Italian beer 
-- 1/8 pound goat cheese 
-- 6 Zucchini flowers 
-- 3 cups blended oil (1/2 vegetable1/2extra virgin)
Directions:
-- Blend the flour with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and cheese. 
-- Whisk the beer into the flour until it’s thick but still a little runny (almost like making pancake mix or crepes) 
-- Stuff flowers with goat cheese (try to use the same amount for all the flowers) 
-- Pre heat oil to 350 degrees and dip flowers in batter and fry on the both sides until they are golden brown on each side


Thanks for stopping by, xoxo ~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment