Friday, July 27, 2012

It's a Chili Day!

For some reason I was really in the mood for chili today. This is usually a fall and winter staple but with my in laws coming over for a dinner I thought this would be an easy and delicious meal to make. Here is my go-to chili recipe:


  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 bell peppers (any color)
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 package lean ground turkey breast
  • 2 chicken sausages, removed from casing and ground up (any flavor you like, I always use spicy jalapeno)
  • 1-2 jars of marinara sauce (my favorite is Rinaldi heart healthy spicy marinara)
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can cannelloni beans
  • 1 can of corn or fresh corn removed from the cob
  • 1 package reduced sodium chili seasoning
Melt the butter over medium high heat and sauté chopped onions, peppers and garlic until soft. Crumble in turkey and sausages and continue cooking. Once fully cooked pour into a crock pot and add in the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat 2-3 hours. 





This is such an easy and tasty recipe hope you enjoy!

Happy Weekend
~Kim xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment