Monday, August 27, 2012

Show & Tell Monday- Week 2

So I am linking up again to Show & Tell Monday. This one is all about weddings and since my anniversary was last week I couldn't pass it up!





1. Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?

We were married on August 22, 2009 on probably the hottest day of the summer. I remember waking up to a rain and thunderstorms but luckily those quickly passed and we were just left with it being verrrry hot and humid, but I would take that over rain any day. Our wedding was everything I could have imagined and more. Our only little mishap was that the wedding rings went missing just before the ceremony, but some how they made their way to the church! Our reception was filled with lots of dancing and even included a conga line which might have been my favorite part! I remember the lights coming on at the end and just standing there thinking no this can't be it! Overall the day was perfect and I am so glad that we got to share our marriage with the ones we love. 


2. Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.









3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?

So the day we got engaged was a rainy, cold dreary day. We had been planning a trip down to Newport Beach for a while but once I saw the weather I really wasn't feeling a beach day. James (who never plans ANYTHING) insisted that we still go because he had planned on a great day (red flag right there) Once we got down and had some lunch, the rain had passed but it was still damp and cold. James wanted to show me the Cliff walk and I remember the whole time thinking to myself "can we please go back to the car now?" James was out on the rocks and said that I had to come out there and see the view. I however, politely declined and said that I could see if perfectly find from the walkway. So on we went to the next little inlet and James brought me out onto the rocks this time, got down and his knee, and said those few little words that every girl waits to hear, "will you marry me?" Of course I said yes and immediately called my mom. Everything was so perfect and soon after we headed back to the car to return home and celebrate with our friends and fam! 
4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.

The year we got married was the summer of constant rain! Every time we had planned to have our engagement pictures taken, it would rain. We finally got a semi decent day and were able to get a few good shots. My favorite part of our engagement pics was the book that our photographer made. We were able to use this as a  sign in book at the wedding and it such a great keepsake! 






5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last 

I think that a lot of people are too quick to give up on their marriage. Marriage is not an easy thing. It takes constant work and effort on both parts for it to thrive and continue to grow. It is important to know when and what is worth fighting about and that sometimes you have to compromise even when you really do not want to. I think that some people also get married way too fast and before they really know the other person. James and I are lucky to have both of our parents still married and they continue to show us an amazing example on what a marriage should be. There is a reason why people get married, because they love each other (hopefully) and it is important to always remember that and to tell each other that you love and appreciate them! 

4 comments:

  1. Your cake was gorgeous!!

    And I love your proposal story - I think the ones where the girl is borderline displeased are GREAT because it shows that she's completely surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I totally forgot until I was reading this--my aunt, or matron of honor, also lost my hubby's wedding ring about 15 minutes before the ceremony. She finally found it, after enlisting some of the wedding guests into a search party (I couldn't help because I was still supposed to be hiding) on the bathroom floor! :P What is it with losing those little important things right when they're most needed?
    I love your cake by the way--the alternating squares and circles are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! Your cake and dress were lovely! Visiting from the link up.

    Annalisa

    www.lungfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cake! And you looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete