Monday, September 24, 2012

What Goes Up Must Come Down



With cooler weather quickly approaching I have been trying to get outside and run as much as I can. I know once it is too cold out it's all over and I dread long runs on the treadmill. While I was on my run this morning I realized that every time I get to a certain intersection I always have a battle in my head on which way to go. If I go right, it is a shorter and flatter way home. If I go straight it goes up a mean and nasty awful hill and is longer. Just about every time I end up pushing myself to go straight. Although going up the hill is brutal and I hate every second of it, once it is over I feel better about myself that I did not quit and got it over with. Even though it is a longer way home, the majority of it is down hill or flat from that point forward.  I feel like this can relate to a lot of things in everyday life. Do you go right and take the easier route or do you go straight and challenge yourself to get stronger? Next time you are faced with this dilemma really contemplate the person that you want to be. Just a little food for thought today my friends! 


~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment