Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tooth Fact Tuesday

"I want to whiten my teeth"

This is something I hear many times during the day and I tell the same thing to each one of my patients. Before spending the big bucks to have professional whitening trays made and buying the gel, start with over the counter strips first because they do work well. I usually recommend the Crest 3D. 


Before starting a whitening regimen, begin with a sensitive toothpaste (Sensodyne)  for at least a couple weeks before. Whitening can cause your teeth to become very sensitive and if this happens over the counter pain reliever does help. Once you have finished with the strips, if your teeth are not the shade that you would like then I recommend coming back in and taking the next steps. 

Xoxo,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment